Saturday 28 January 2012

Rock attack

 

After we went for a swim, we drove to our campsite on the side of the road. Pretty soon, everybody fell asleep. I don’t really know what happened next, but suddenly I was wide awake with my hands under my pillow fumbling for my torch. There was crashing and banging sounds coming from the kitchen. I grabbed my torch and leapt out of bed. I slowly walked up to where the noise had been coming from. I didn’t notice it then, but it was actually a lot cooler and the wind was blowing in my face. I went up to the front of the bus and saw strange white things falling on the floor. It looked like salt! Mummy told me to come back up between the bunks. She’d instantly realized what had happened. She said the windows had been smashed. With what, I thought, hail? No, or we’d still hear it on the roof. Maybe someone broke them, on purpose like? Nah, that’s too movie-ish. But sure enough, someone had smashed them with a couple of rocks. Sloppy job, because we saw footprints and scuffmarks of where they’d been thrown. Mummy and Daddy had to clean up the mess that night while I tried to get some sleep. The accident happened – or rather, the “on-purpose” happened – at 3 o’clock in the morning. Tess was freaked so I called her up to sleep with me. I lay very still and tried to go to sleep, but it was impossible! After being awake for two hours, it was starting to get light. Chana woke up, so I told her what had happened – amazingly, she slept through the whole thing! Only me, Jasmine, Mummy, Daddy, and Chantel had actually woken up. So all in all, a pretty annoying and confusing night. Oh, and did I mention, the police were involved as well. Poor Daddy, sounded so unprofessional. Hoping to get more sleep tonight!

IMG_4163IMG_4180

IMG_4162 IMG_4165

3 comments:

  1. Sure was a shattering experience! Great write up Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What makes you say "Daddy sounded so unprofessional"?
    Great description of what happened Jessica, you have wonderful writing skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She means that's how he sounded on the phone and talking to the police - I told her that it doesn't really matter how he sounded, he got the job done and I didn't see her volunteering to talk to them!

      Delete